The Icom A220 Panel Mount VHF Transceiver Radio has a bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with a very wide 170 degree viewing angle. White characters on a black background show clear easy to read operating information. With white key backlighting, the white OLED display matches modern plane’s instrument panel. In addition, the auto dimmer function adjusts the display for optimum brightness at day or night.
Tx/Rx (Com only) 118.000 to 136.975 Mhz with 25 Mhz channel spacing
Easy Channel Selection
It’s fast and easy to select any of memory channels in the IC-A220. The “flip-flop” arrow button switches between main and stand-by channels. The Dualwatch function allows you to monitor two channels simultaneously. In addition, the auto stack memory stores the last 20 channels used and allows you to recall those channels easily.
Automatic Squelch Function
The new automatic squelch function detects the signal level and automatically adjusts the squelch level to maintain a received call. The manual squelch function allows you to instantly adjust the squelch level. The squelch test function manually opens the squelch for testing.
12V/24V DC Power Source SPECIFICATIONS
The built-in DC-DC converter accepts a 12/24V DC power source. The IC-A220 is easily installed in most air planes or vehicles.
The IC-A220 has a built-in voice activated intercom function allowing the pilot to talk with the copilot via the headset. The IC-A220 has adjustable audio level and squelch control functions.
GPS Memory Function
When connected to an external GPS receiver* equipped with an airport frequency database, the frequency data such as nearby airports can be transferred and made available in the IC-A220.
* Ask your dealer for available GPS receiver details.
**Pilot's testimony..."Radio communications are easy when using the A220 VHF radio transceiver in a 1974 Cessna 172M. The large numbers are very clear to read even in bright sunlight and the the flip-flop and Dualwatch features make life simple in busy airspace" Pat
• 20 regular memory channels with a 6-character channel name
• 50 group memory channels (10 Ch × 5 groups) with a channel tag
• Automatic weather channel scanning and receive (USA version only)
• Dualwatch and priority watch functions
• One touch access to 121.5 MHz emergency frequency
• Side tone function for monitoring your voice with headset
• ANL (Automatic noise limiter) function reduces pulse type noise
• Remote control capability
• PC programming capability
• Dial lock and panel lock • Time-out-timer
• Slim 34mm (1.34 inch) height can be installed in a limited panel space
• D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation
• Two types of menu mode; settings menu and configuration menu
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.