Transport Category Aircraft Systems – Fourth Edition
Couldn't load pickup availability
Transport aircraft systems have undergone many changes in the rapidly advancing electronic age, and this latest edition of Transport Category Aircraft Systems can help you make sense of them. Professor Thomas Wild has updated the book to include the latest aircraft and removed the aircraft that are no longer commonly seen. The book is now in its fourth edition and is widely used in AMT schools and other settings where an understanding of large aircraft systems is needed.
Designed for readers who already have some knowledge of aeronautical terminology and basic aircraft systems, this book provides in-depth explanations and detailed illustrations of transport-category aircraft and their onboard systems. It introduces complex systems by explaining the basics that are common to all large aircraft. By understanding how a system works on a specific aircraft, the reader can transfer that knowledge to other aircraft.
- Types, Design Features, and Configurations of Transport Aircraft
- Auxiliary Power Units, Pneumatic, and Environmental Control Systems
- Anti-Icing Systems and Rain Protection
- Electrical Power Systems
- Flight Control Systems
- Fuel Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Oxygen Systems
- Warning and Fire Protection Systems
- Communications, Instruments, and Navigational Systems
- Aircraft Information, Health/Condition, and Reporting Systems
- Auxiliary Systems, Potable Water, Lighting, Emergency, Wastewater, Equipment Cooling